google chrome is a next generation, user-friendly web browser. currently it's not available for linux, but i had to do some work under windoze so i used the opportunity to try it out.
- the simplicity
- the speed
- the search bar (which is a universal bar for keywords, shortcuts, urls, config..., enhanced by very smooth auto suggest)
- the new tab (where you can choose from many options what page you want to open - bookmarks, most visited with previews, history, recently closed, history search...)
- the hideable bookmark toolbar (ctrl+b)
- history manager (ctrl+h)
- the automatic and smooth import of my firefox profile
- memory usage stats (about:memory)
- dom inspector (right click, inspect element)
- absence of linux version
- lack of integration into google services (bookmarks, notebook...)
- lack of support for atom, rss feeds
- absence of bookmark shortcuts (even if i type full name of bookmark, chrome offers to search the web first
- no option of master password, instant incremental search...
overall, i had very good feeling using chrome. i believe most of my complaints will be addressed in the future versions.