- i deleted thousands of tracks and albums that don't inspire me/are not to my taste/make me feel bad/...
- i renamed all files to the following format:
%artist - %title.mp3
- i moved all files to single folder named
- i used utils like mp3renamer, musicbrainz tagger, etc to fetch tags from the internet and tag all the files
- now whenever i listen to music in amarok, i add tags to tracks i listen to. i use the comment tag to store my own tags (e.g.
meditative, relaxing, flute, dreamy, ambient
How I organized my music library
This is how i organized my music library (mp3 files):